Sharjah City for Humanitarian Services
The Sharjah City for Humanitarian Services (SCHS) is a local charitable organization operating under the umbrella of the Family Supreme Council and provides services for more than 2,000 people with special needs. The service is available from birth to 25 years of age and for all nationalities, as the SCHS follows a no-reject policy, on the condition that the person benefits from the available services.
- SCHS aspires to provide the correct training for the disabled, according to their disability, and in order to fully integrate them into the society by offering job opportunities to those able to work
- Direct medical, educational and rehabilitative services
- Working to control disabilities through intervention
- Providing awareness through the media
- Providing social services through communication with the different sectors in the society, such as local departments, schools, and hospitals
- Cooperation with international organizations working with the disabled in particular, and social services in general
The preservation of the rights and privileges of the disabled in the society through education and rehabilitation.
To provide support to the disabled through development programmes and projects based on excellence and a high standard of service. Such support is offered with due care and concern, in order to raise social esteem and standing of the disabled within the community.