Advantages of Investing in Sharjah
Sharjah has a number of factors that make it attractive to investors:
- Investors are offered attractive incentives and facilities
- The Emirate has a solid infrastructure supporting the economy
- Its strategic location with ports on both the Arabian Gulf and on the Gulf of Oman and the modern International airport all facilitate trading and the movement of goods
- Customs duties are lower for imported goods than in most other countries, with 5% levied on commercial imports
- Sharjah’s free zones provide investors with unparalleled commercial opportunities and unique features including 100% freehold ownership for foreigners, and 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Special industrial zones have also been established by the government to the east of the city, in an area which is divided into 19 subdivisions, each specializing in a certain industry. All the zones are connected through a modern network of roads that link them to the seaports and airport of the Emirate
The Government of Sharjah is committed to providing all forms of support to help develop the industrial sector. One such example is the technical advice extended to investors, by the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, in the preparation of feasibility studies for the viability of projects.
On the real estate front Sharjah’s properties remain reasonably priced and certain developments like Nujoom Islands are going ahead with their iconic, environmentally friendly properties in a beautiful waterfront set on the coastline of Sharjah Emirate.
In the rental market, prices for residential, commercial and industrial properties have been reducing steadily since the beginning of 2010.
To sustain its strong economy, the Government of Sharjah recognizes and promotes the growth of the private sector and welcomes foreign investment in the manufacturing, trade and service sectors. The introduction of policies that have eased investors’ entry, the expansion of the Emirate’s free zones and investment in infrastructure have all contributed to the rapid and continuing economic growth. Sharjah has maintained good trading relations with a great number of countries around the world and vigorously pursues a policy of forging closer economic ties with new trading partners, opening additional international markets.